Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monday Vs The people



“The defendant Monday is hereby ordered to stand in the presence of the kangaroo court and the Supreme Justice Jandy. What, if anything, have you got to say in your defence, you snivelling miserable day, you?”

Sir, I start the week.”

“You weak-starter! You ignoramus! I am not a Sir. I am a Your Honour. If you weren’t so sluggish after your weekend party, you woulda known the difference.”

Your Honour, I am not sluggish. I am always sharp and bright and hard-working.”

“I know I know. That is the problem. Why do you slap everyone into shape for the hated Monday morning meeting?”

Your Honour, it’s called discipline. Look at Friday, that slacker – no meetings, no discipline, half the day planning the weekend...”

“And why can’t you take a break for a little fun, huh? Why must you be such a killjoy? Giving everyone the Monday morning blues.”

 “Your Honour...”

“And do you know more people are sick on Mondays than any other day, huh?”

Your Honour...”

Don’t Your Honour me...”

But you told me to call you Your Honour, Your Honour.”

“Are you arguing with the Supreme Justice Jandy? You are hereby sent to life imprisonment. With no chance of ever getting out! You will never show your face again. From now on, the work week will have 4 days, starting with half a work day on Tuesday, and Thursday afternoons off too. Begone Monday!”

16 comments:

  1. Yay..just 4 days of work! I so so so wish this was true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the supreme justice Jandy!!! *bows low in reverence*
    Loved this post, Jane :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he completely enjoyed the post :) only 4 days that too thursday off :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Poor Monday, punished for no fault of his :) Lets see how Tuesday fares now as it will start the day. A lot of people are going to love Supreme Justice Jandy for doing away with Monday though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe cheers to Justice Jandy. A four day week.. Whoopee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work six days. I'll let Monday go, if you can manage to get rid of Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My email is trish.bora@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks @James Barnett. Blog's been dead since the book-writing began. Sad. Always think I'll resurrect it, and then turn to Fb instead.

      Delete